It began in 1980 with a modest 12 entries and has steadily climbed to over 200 boats and in the last year has drawn web traffic from over 160 individual countries!
This event is a unique blend of International sailing, with boats from as far away as Russia and Brazil, and musical talent the likes of the Black Eyed Peas, the Marley Brothers, Maxi Priest and Wyclef Jean to name a few. Nowhere else in the world will you find such an event, each day brings new finish locations, new and unique party atmospheres and bands from around the world.
The 2015 St.Maarten Heineken Regatta will kick off on March 5th with the pre event Gill Commodore's Cup and will end on Kim Sha Beach Sunday March 8th. Four days of world class racing and four nights of fun-filled Heineken parties will take place and offers something for everyone. Participants and guests enjoy great food, ice cold beers and international music performers each night. With the official slogan being “Serious Fun” it is no wonder people come from over 25 countries to attend this one of a kind regatta.
The St. Maarten Heineken Regatta, which will celebrate its 35th anniversary edition, had over two hundred entries in 2014 and looks forward to hosting just as many participating boats from March 5 - 8, 2015. It is known as one of the “must do” events in the Caribbean whether you attend for the sailing or the concerts, you won’t want to miss it.
Join us for the 35th edition of the St. Maarten Heineken Regatta March 5 - 8, 2015!
- The Regatta is run by the St. Maarten Yacht Club Regatta Foundation
- The Event was founded in 1980 and began with 12 entries
- The event attracts around 2500 sailors and approximately 1000 supporting people to the island
- Heineken became a major sponsor in 1983 and has remained as title sponsor since then.
- In 2008 the largest entry field was recordedat 289 boats.
- Over 100 boats are charter boats that race in the Bareboat fleet and around 50 of those come from Holland